Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Night on Broadway and Breakfast

Because of Ian’s interest in musical theater, we’ve gone to quite a number of Broadway shows over the last few years.  We saw the revival of Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera and Jersey Boys just to name a few.  Well, last night we went to see Cinderella.  When Ian got the tickets and told me about it, I thought it was going to one of those Disney productions, like The Lion King or Mary Pippins, and I was curious how they were going to include the mice, Jac and Gus, but it actually turned out to be the Rogers and Hammerstein production, so I was pleasantly surprised.  While it may not have been my first choice, I quite enjoyed it.  I had seen the TV version back in 1997, the one with Whitney Houston, but this one was a bit different, the story was fuller with a couple of sub-plots that were new to this production.  I did think that part of the second act dragged a little, but overall, it was a really good show.  Not sure what I want to see next.  Maybe Kinky Boots or Newsies.  
We didn’t get home until nearly midnight.  I checked in on T.J. and he was playing an on-line video game with his friends in New Jersey, so I said good-night, took my shower and went to bed.  When I got up this morning, Ian had made breakfast (a surprise since I usually do it) and it was waiting for me on the kitchen table.  T.J. was still sleeping, of course, so we left him a plate to heat up.  After doing the dishes, Ian and I got dressed and took Buster out for his walk.  Ian hadn’t joined me on one of Buster’s walks since we got him.  It was nice to walk around the neighborhood with my husband and the dog.  It’s the little, normal things of married life I really appreciate.  Now if only Ian would pick up his clothes from the floor and do a load of laundry, I would be in heaven!

No comments: