Saturday, August 3, 2013

Memories of My High School Buddy

Last night, while at a local bar that Ian and I go to sometimes, I ran into Alex, an old friend I hadn't seen in years.  I hardly recognized him!  We went to high school together.  Back then he was a bit on the scrawny side and had shoulder-length hair that he sometimes tied back.  Well, my old friend had cut his hair and bulked up, I mean he had some serious muscles!  He was straining the sleeveless tee-shirt he was wearing!  And his arms were covered with tattoos!

When I finally realized who he was, we laughed and hugged like the long-lost friends we were.  Of course I introduced him to Ian and the three of us spent hours drinking and talking!

Alex and I met during our Sophomore year of high school, during the beginning of my Goth phase; long before I admitted to myself that I was gay and started having sex with Eddie.  Not only did we share a few classes but we discovered we had a lot in common.  We  became inseparable; we went practically everywhere together.  We went to underground concerts, hung out till all hours, went to movies, parties; all the typical teen-age things.  During the summer months we rode our bikes everywhere -- Forest Park to shoot hoops, the municipal pool, the mall, anywhere you can think that two fifteen year-old boys would be, we were there!

I remember one day in mid-July back in 2001 Alex and I were biking to Forest Park when I hit a small dip in the street.  The gear chain on my bike snapped.  The bike went into the street and I went tumbling over asphalt and sidewalk.  I busted my lip, my shirt was shredded at the shoulders and my favorite ripped jeans ripped even more at the knees and from right under my ass cheeks to the zipper at my crotch.  Now, back then, I didn't bother wearing any underwear, and after that tumble not only was I a bloody mess, but my entire junk had fallen out of the huge, newly ripped hole at my crotch.  Needless to say, I was more embarrassed that Alex was staring at my dick than I was that I had tumbled and bloodied myself.

Alex helped me up to my feet, I stuffed my dick back into my pants and together we picked up my bike and hobbled back towards my house.  We were half-way back to the house when Alex remembered he has his mom's cell phone.  So he called my Grandma and told her what happened.  After we got in the house, Grandma assessed the situation, ripped my tee-shirt off me, saying at least she had some new rags, and started patching me up.  I was so sore by the time she was done patching my shoulders, knees and elbows, that Alex had to not only help me up to my room, but actually had to help me out of those ruined jeans.

Now, at nearly 16, I wasn't exactly comfortable being naked around other guys, but Alex had just seen me at my bloody worst, so what difference did it make?  Alex helped me into a pair of gym shorts and helped onto my bed.  As soon as I was comfortable, Alex said his good-byes and left.  We talked on the phone later that afternoon and hung out the rest of the week in my room playing video games.

Alex was the second person I came out to once I realized I was into guys and to his credit, he didn't care.  We still hung out, but less frequently, after all, that was when Eddie and I started fucking.  We saw each other naked a few times after that awful afternoon, but we only had sex once -- it was about a month before graduation and on a dare, I had given into his wish to see what all the fuss was about, and agreed to suck his cock if he would suck mine.  So as to not allow him to chicken out, I insisted he do me first.  It was the worst blow-job I ever had!  I did him next to show him how it was done and after he came, we agreed never to do it again.  Then came graduation and after that summer we lost touch. 

Alex doesn't live in New York anymore, he was only visiting family, but we exchanged contact information.  It turns out that he's an investment banker in Philadelphia and lives in the same neighborhood as Billy does.

Small world! 

He's in a relationship with a pretty blonde woman named Heather and he said he was going to ask her to marry him as soon as he got her a ring.   I wished him luck and said I wanted an invitation.  We ended our night of drinking and strolling down memory lane, hugged like we would never see other again and Ian and I went home.

No comments: