Friday, May 18, 2012

Evolution 2 & 3. Anonymity & Embraced

The other day I started posting my semi-autobiographical poem about my sexual awakening.  Below are another two installments.



II       Anonymity

"Hanky Panky" by Patrick Angus

The images on the screen
Depict the physicality of male sex.
There is no tenderness there or plot --
Just raw, raunchy sex.

In the darkness,
Men watch actors perform fantasies,
And stroke themselves
To handkerchiefed climaxes.

In back roomed shadows,
Strong hands grope naked flesh
Among the willing and consenting,
Releasing lust in sweat and seed.


III.       Embraced


Ascending the ill-lit stairs
I wonder about the rightness
Of the actions I now take.
But right or wrong,
My loins overrule my reason
And I hunger.
 
I enter a new reality
Defined by male physicality.
Stripping off my identity with my clothes,
I prowl the darkened maze
Of hallways and chambers,
A faceless specter.
 
Watching the many different Shadow-men,
Observing the secret rituals of their lust,
I watch as they conjoin,
Coupling in twos and threes.
The scent of musk and sweat and seed
Is a heady incense.
 
I find release for my desire,
Among the Shadow-men
And in the pleasures of the naked flesh.
Embracing that hunger, that need,
I answer the question
That has been burning in my soul.
 
Leaving the mazes,
I shower myself clean of float and sweat,
Having made a pact between self and Self.
Though I am tainted before society's accusing eyes,
I have embraced my Shadow
And can face the light of day.

 


No comments: