Monday, May 21, 2012

Evolution 4 & 5: Rejected & The Gym

Last week I posted a two entries of my semi-autobiographical poem on my sexual awakening.  Here are a couple more sections

IV.       Rejected

Disowned,
Displaced,
Dispossessed.
I am dead to my family --
Having died
When I confronted
My Shadow.
Accepting it,
I was reborn.
They could not accept.
Moving away,
I settled in a new place
Where I am free.
 

V.        The Gym
 
Grunts and groans fill the warm room
Intermingling with the clank of weights
And the faint hiss of the radiator.
Sweat plasters my shirt to my chest,
Drips off my brow into my tired eyes,
Mats down my hair.
I can barely lift the iron weights.
Exhausted, I make my way to my locker
And slip out of my wet clothes.
With only a towel in hand,
I stop at the fountain for a drink of water.
In the sauna, I relax in the soothing heat
Fully exposed among others, unconcerned.
The heat robs the passion from our groins.
Flaccid, we speak of sports or politics
As eyes gaze and tentative fingers brush sweaty skin.
Showering away the sweat,
Warm water and soap slide over my chest,
Down my abdomen and legs to the drain.
Mist and musk combine erotically.
I examine the others with me as I feel my own flesh.
A hand, not my own, glides over my back
Down to my thighs, feeling me for ripeness.
A rough chin nuzzles my shoulder
As another hand caresses my broad soapy chest,
Moves down past my stomach to my groin.
Grasping me, it squeezes and pumps
Until I spill my seed into the hand.
Then he is gone, leaving me wanting more.

No comments: