Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Evolution 8 & 9: Repose & Tranquility

Here are the final two sections of my long-ass semi-autobiographical poem about my sexual awakening.  These last two parts were more wishes and desires I had for the future, not any real experience, but writing them sure felt right.


VIII.    Repose

Empty beer cans stand on the coffee table,
Soldiers drained performing their duty --
Satisfying our thirst, if not desire.
Your sneakers lie beside the couch,
Mine, under the endtable.
Boxes of your things lie everywhere --
We spent the day moving you in.
Now is the quiet time --
The ordeal of unpacking will come.
But now, slumped into the recliner,
Between sips of warm beer,
I drink in your shirtless body,
Snoozing on the couch.
Your chest, sweat-matted,
Cresting and falling like waves,
Your shrivled manhood peaking unashamed
From the leg of your loose gym shorts,
Fills me with anticipation
For the sleepness night ahead.


IX.       Tranquility

The summer we spent the beach house
Is fast coming to a close.
It is not yet cold here
But the heat of summer is fading.
The sunbathers are nearly all gone,
A few lone joggers still make their runs
In the mornings and early evenings.

Waking up to find you beside me,
Feeling the warmth of your body against mine,
The firmness of your thighs,
The coarseness of the hair on your chest,
The definition of your stomach as I caress you,
The hardness of your erection.
What a joy this summer has been.

The morning sun casts a shadow
Over our still, embraced and naked bodies.
Lighting the fine hairs of your arms in a halo.

Outside, a seagull perched on the porch railing
Flaps its wings and flies away.
How like the gull I feel with you --
In your embrace I fly to new heights
Far above the world of trouble and pain.

No comments: