Saturday, June 16, 2012

We're Leaving Tomorrow

for Oklahoma. Ian's never been further west than New Jersey and he's thrilled to be going on this road trip!  We thought about simply driving down to Frederick and the agent at the AAA office I stopped in on Thursday to get some maps told me it would be a 28 or 30 hours trip if we decided not to stop, but I don’t want to race there.  This is supposed to be a fun little excursion, so I convinced Ian we needed to get some camping equipment, like a tent and sleeping bags so we could at least sleep (and maybe fuck) under the stars at least once.  

We’ll be leaving fairly early since I want to avoid as much traffic out of the city as possible but the big question will be whether we decide to turn south and follow I95 to North Carolina and then head west following I40 or west on I70 to St. Lewis and then turn south on I44.

I guess it all depends on what Ian and I decide tonight.

I’ll post again in a few days but in the meanwhile, I thought I’d post a few photos of some guys who decided to do their camping au natural.  










No comments: