Sunday, July 15, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

Ian and I had a really long talk Friday night after he got home from work about me having been fired from my job in the data-entry department of a major insurance company that will go unnamed.  In the last year, I’ve been fired from two jobs.  I know it may take some time, but I will bounce back from this; I mean it’s not like I’m hurting.  Ian’s got a good job, I own the house we live in free and clear (it was my Grandma’s and she left it to me when she passed away), and neither Ian nor I have any major health issues, so we’re doing O.K.  But I’m gonna be 27 in about six weeks and I don’t want to work in crummy dead-end jobs anymore!  We decided it was time I go back to college and get my degree.  It’s gonna take a few years since I left after my third semester, but Ian’s agreed that if we cut back on expenses and don’t take any more trips for the next few years it’ll be do-able. 

So tomorrow I go down to the unemployment office.  Then on Tuesday, I’m off to the college I quit to see what I need to do to re-enroll and matriculate.  I’m gonna talk to a counselor as to what kind of programs and courses of study I can get into with the credits I have.  Hopefully I won’t have to start over from the bottom.  Those credits should be good for something after all.
Wish me luck!

No comments: