Friday, July 13, 2012

I'm Fucked! No Job -- Again!

You might remember me telling you that I lost my job at the airport in September of 2011.  It took nearly two months, but I eventually found another job entering data at an insurance company that shall remain nameless.  Well, I got to work early this morning to do some of the extra shift time I negotiated with my supervisor to do before heading out to Oklahoma to visit my family.  A little after nine o'clock this morning, my supervisor, a prissy middle-aged fag with a receding hairline, calls me over to his "office" and gives me some fuckin song and dance about how upper management wanted every department to trim the fat by 10% and he was sorry he had to let me go.  I was stunned!  I reminded him that in  my last two quarterly reviews he had said I was one of the best workers in the department, always willing to help others and do more.  My productivity was only second to She'relle, a young woman who came into the department about a month before me.  Well Mr. Prissy said it was my unscheduled vacation that was the deciding factor.  I reminded him that my "vacation" as he put it, was really an unpaid leave and that he had no problem with it originally.  Despite my arguments, he said the decision was final and that I needed to clear my workspace.  I was so pissed when I left!  I feel I've been fucked over, and not in a good way.  Now I have to tell Ian and I'm not looking forward to that.








1 comment:

bob said...

That blows. The least they could do is give you notice. I hope you find something soon. My thoughts are with you.