Friday, February 8, 2013

29 Days and Counting!

Ian and I are getting married on March 9th, that’s only 29 days from now! We’ve done so much but it seems that there is still so much more to do and getting the flu hasn’t helped!

All three of us have been sick over the last month – first it was T.J. then Ian. I nursed them both through it and then I got it! It was awful! Fever and chills, body aches, nausea, constantly going into the bathroom to get sick – not a pretty picture, let me tell you! There were days I just could not get out of bed! I think I slept last Saturday away! And the sight of food -- I don’t even want to think about it.

Anyway, Cheryl, our wedding planner has been a godsend through all of this! Yeah, I know how it sounds, but honestly, without her I don’t we’d even have half of what we needed to do done by now! And I really thank all the couples Ian and I know who did all the planning by themselves who said they wished they had hired a planner to keep track or things! Without them pointing the way, we never would have hired Cheryl; it was the smartest thing we did!

Ian and I decided early on where we wanted to go for our honeymoon – Key West and Ft. Lauderdale! We had been thinking about going there for the last couple of years and we thought there was no better time than now. We’re going to fly into Key West, stay a few days at The Equator, a clothing optional resort for men, then drive up the coast to Ft. Lauderdale where we’ll spend a few more nights at The Villa Venice.

We’re going to be gone for two whole weeks; I just can’t wait to have all that uninterrupted time with Ian. Of course there is the question of T.J.; he’s only sixteen, so staying home alone is not an option and he can’t spend two weeks in Hackensack with friends; he’d miss too much school. So we decided to ask Diane and Stacy if they would mind staying with him – more house-sitting than teen-ager-sitting really.

Our Guest List has been finalized with only two regrets – a friend of mine from high school that I’ve kept in contact with who lives in Calgary and one of Ian’s cousins from Maryland. We really didn’t expect either to be coming, but had to invite them. We’ve got our flower arrangements and cake picked out and the photographer/videographer is all set. So now it’s just making the seating arrangements, getting our tuxedos, finalizing the limo and choosing our vows.

I’m counting the days!

No comments: