Tuesday, June 4, 2013

And It’s Only Tuesday?

It’s been a really stressful past few days.  My computer was hit with a really bad virus, again! on Friday and the people at Geek Squad won’t be able to do anything to fix it until Thursday!  (I’m typing this on T.J.’s laptop while he’s at school.)  We had to take Buster to the vet yesterday for the last of his  shots, so he wasn’t a happy camper.  And on top of that, the refrigerator decided to give up the ghost last night just as I was going to settle down in front of the TV and watch The Voice with Ian.  I had gone into the kitchen to get some ice cream and the freezer felt a little warm.  I turned the freezer up from 5 to 7, got my ice cream (it was a bit on the soft side, but hey, no waiting for it to soften!) and didn’t think much more about it until I went to put the container away (O.K. so I eat ice cream out of the little pint container, big deal!).  Anyway, that’s when I noticed the ice in the tray was melting.  Ian and I had replaced the fridge almost two years ago after our kitchen fire.  And we thought we were getting such a good deal on the fridge, too.  So first thing this morning Ian and I went and bought three huge bags of ice and a couple of inexpensive beach coolers, emptied out the fridge and the freezer and ended up tossing about half of what we had.  Then we had to wait until the local appliance stores opened so we could get a new fridge.  We ended up getting a General Electric with the freezer on the top (hated having it on the bottom).  We got it for a steal!  Brand new, usually sells for about a grand, but we got it for $600, cash because we know the store owner and do a lot of business there.  They even delivered the new fridge and took the old one for free!  Looks like the new couch is going to have to wait a few weeks longer!  That reminds me, I need to take the car in for its annual inspection!  Wish me luck!

No comments: