Monday, March 4, 2013

My Family

It's been a hectic day. Great-Aunt Sarah and a few of my cousins arrived today. They're staying here until the wedding. Great-Aunt Sarah and cousin Jenna will be staying in the guest room, Jenna's brother Clay and his boyfriend Mike will get the pull-out couch and cousins Trace, Paul, Ryan and Tommy will be camping out in the RV they all drove up in.
I wish you could smell how good this house smells!  Great-Aunt Sarah and Jenna were in the kitchen all afternoon after she sent me to the supermarket with a very detailed list of what groceries to get.  They were cooking up fried chicken, biscuits, gravy and two kinds of pie – apple and pecan.  T.J.’s eyes were popping out of his head when he got home from school looking at all the food Aunt Sarah made!  This was his first introduction to my side of the family and after about twenty minutes, it was old home week.  He was listening to Aunt Sarah tell stories for nearly two hours.  I’m real glad he’s getting along with all of them, I need them to like each other, being as we’re all family.
I love that my family is here.  It’s going to make Saturday so much more special, I just wish more of them could have made the trip.

No comments: