Saturday, March 2, 2013

One Week to Go!

In seven short days, I will getting into my tux and waiting for the limo to drive me and my brother to the chapel where I will marry Ian.  He’ll be spending the night at a friend’s and arriving separately so we don’t violate that whole “can’t see each other on the wedding day until we get married” thing.  

Our friends are throwing us separate bachelor parties this week.  Mine is on Tuesday and Ian’s is Thursday.  And since we basically have the same set of friends, having two is an excuse for them to get shit-faced drunk twice this week.  And knowing them, I’m sure there will be at least one obligatory stripper, male of course, and many attempts to get either me or Ian into some compromising position all in the name of fun and “the last hurrah” before chaining ourselves in wedded bliss.  What none of our friends know is that Ian and I have already discussed this.  Neither one of us intends to get drunk.  Neither one of us intends to take off any clothes.  Neither one of us intends to have any cameras present at our parties. What happens at the bachelor parties, stay at the bachelor parties.

What I’m really looking forward to is what happens after the wedding and reception next week – namely our honeymoon.  I want to leave the frigid New York City environment behind and just lay around a pool or lie on a beach and soak in the sun.  And I want to wear nothing more than sunscreen and a smile while I’m doing it.  

So, to honor that wish, I share with you some photos of guys doing just that.  Enjoy.








No comments: