Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The House Is Quiet

I’m sitting at my desk in the bedroom in my shorts because there’s no one else home.  Ian is at work and T.J. left to spend a few days with his friends in Hackensack.  We took Aunt Sarah, Jenna and Trace to brunch before taking them to the airport yesterday and seeing them off for their return home.

It’s nice just to be home and relax, have my morning coffee and check my email before catching up on my chores.  I’ve got laundry and shopping to do before Ian gets home and a little light house cleaning.  The calendar may say Spring, but the temperature still says “winter”.  As much as I love being home, I miss the Florida weather – warm and sunny.  Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.  Maybe in a couple of years, when T.J. is off to college, Ian and I can get a winter place in the Keys or around Ft. Lauderdale, but until then, it’s cold New York winters and hot New York summers.

Speaking of summer, it’s only a few months away.  I wonder if Ian and I could get a rental on Fire Island like we did a few summers back.  It would be nice to go back.  I’ll talk to Ian about it when he gets home.  Right now I need to do the laundry and my workout.

No comments: